Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's our Birthday!!!

Year after year Isabelle continues to be the best birthday gift I've ever received! I love our special day together every year.

It's hard to believe that my baby girl is 10 years old! A whole decade! How did that happen?!?!? I'm always emotional on my kids' birthdays, but this one even more so. Each year I look at how Isabelle came into this world and sit in awe at how far she has come. Ten years ago if I thought about having a 10 year old it seemed so far and so out of reach, yet here we are! I told Isabelle not to blink because then she'd be 20. She looked at me, smiled, and blinked hard!


After school we gave Isabelle her birthday gifts. She's been working on that pogo stick ever since!

Isabelle wanted to go to Shaw's for dinner. It's been my favorite restaurant for 25 years and now it's a family favorite.

My uncles Steve and Craig joined us for dinner and spoiled us with a fantastic dinner and a special little chocolate cake (the best cake you can imagine).

It's always a treat to go to Shaw's. Isabelle had lots of shrimp! All the kids ate more in that one sitting than they usually do in a week!

We had a wonderful birthday together.

No comments: