Friday, November 12, 2010

Trick or Treat

This Halloween was a bit different for us. For the first time, my parents came for trick-or-treating. I enjoyed staying at home passing out candy and making dinner while Baba and Papa hit the streets for loads of candy.

Jack was really getting into the vampire thing. This was his pose most the day!

I was very impressed with Isabelle's costume. She wasn't even sure she would dress up until about 10:00 a.m. on Halloween. Then, out of the blue, she said, "I'm going to be a Christmas present!" My dad helped her cut holes in the box, my mom helped her wrap the box, she stuck a bow on her head and that was it. She got a ton of comments and compliments on her creativity. She and her friend, Kiri (a hippie), headed out alone. This was the first year we let her do that. Jack joined them for some of the time also. It was a big step for Mom.

Patrick enjoyed Halloween more this year than any other year. Ella Jane was not as thrilled. Of course, her unicorn looked pretty pathetic, so maybe she was embarrassed. She started out excited, but as soon as she saw the first scary mask she flew into Papa's arms and was done. Needless to say, her candy bucket was pretty lame. Isabelle made up for it by bringing a pillowcase and getting a huge haul!

1 comment:

The Meyer Family said...

I wish we lived closer, I'd love somebody to hang out with while the kids went door-to-door. Lucky that your parents got to come, how fun!