Thursday, September 3, 2009

August in Michigan

All six of us went to Michigan. It was the first time in 5 years that Kevin has been to my parents house, so we were all thrilled to have him with us.

Kevin and I took the two little kids on a Paddle boat. They didn't last long. We barely got past the dock when Patrick asked to go back and Ella Jane was trying to climb out of the boat.

We had a family party to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday. Clearly, I didn't have my camera out enough since I have no pictures of Dad on his birthday. What party would be complete without a bonfire and s'mores?

Above left: Isabelle and her friend, Lauren, who lives next door to my parents.

Above left: my beautiful cousin, Karly with her fantastic hubby, Ben. Above right: my little cousin, Andy with his wonderful fiance, Heather. YEAH! They got engaged!!!! Okay, so I feel really old that Andy is old enough to get married. I remember giving him a bottle and reading him bedtime stories.

My brother, Mike, was able to come in for the weekend from NYC. We love spending time with Mike. Our visits are always nice, but way too short. He's an awesome uncle and the kids have a blast with him. Dad fashioned some very cool marshmallow roasting sticks. He took metal Kaboob skewers and duct taped them to very long, thick sticks. Although, pointy sticks in the hands of small children... risky!

No comments: