Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School!

The kids are back to school! Summer went much much too fast! I actually cried tears to see them go back. I wanted more time with them. I wanted to stretch out the lazy, hazy days of summer. I wanted to sleep until 8:00 a.m. each day a little longer. But, I could not freeze time, so they are back. Isabelle started 4th grade. She has Mrs. Platt for her homeroom teacher and Ms. Newman for her gifted classes (same gifted teacher as last year). Jack is in 2nd grade. He's thrilled to have Mrs. Fuss who Isabelle had two years ago. Patrick started his second year of pre-school with the same teacher, Ms. Barb. He will also have the same therapists as last year.

The other day I asked Patrick if he missed me while he was at school. He said, "no. I have fun school". Okay, so I'm totally thrilled that he likes it; but really, he couldn't lie to me!?!? He has adjusted very easily and is happy to get on the bus each day.

He and Maddy are in the same class again. They are the best of friends. You would think they were already a married couple. They are inseparable, yet can bicker unbearably. I'm so glad they have each other in class together. So, while Patrick is doing great he is adjusting to his day. He goes to school in the afternoons now, which means no nap or quiet time. I found him crashed on the couch before 6:00p.m. for the first few days of school.

Ella Jane is adjusting to the new school year as well. She is not thrilled with all her siblings leaving her every day. She tries to get her shoes on when it's time for the big kids to leave. She says, "Ella Jane go school. Ella Jane go on bus". She must ask me a few dozen times a day where Isabelle and Jack are. She naps for much of the time Patrick is at school and wakes to find him home. A few days ago she was feeling particularly crabby. I found her zonked out on the living room floor. Cute. Pathetic, but cute!

No comments: